PRESS RELEASE: ShoreTel®, the leading provider of brilliantly simple phone systems and unified communications solutions, today announced a vertical sales program focused on the healthcare industry, with dedicated programs to deliver solutions to hospitals, physician practices and extended care providers.
“Leveraging a client base of close to 1,000 providers across these three segments along with a strong partner/reseller community representing ShoreTel in this vertical, this dedicated program is a natural evolution of our go-to-market sales model,” said Shane Harper, director of vertical programs at ShoreTel. “The company now has a formal team in place, and is broadening its reach through a variety of partner enablement and industry activities.”
“Electronic health record adoption, utilization measurement, and patient engagement are certainly a few of the top trends within the industry today,” said Lance Mehaffey, MHA, healthcare vertical program manager for ShoreTel. “But the more significant driver is clinical transformation. By merging collaboration technologies, care pathways, and human interactions, all provider types can transform how care is delivered and continuously improved. The capabilities of ShoreTel are tightly aligned with these transformative industry initiatives and objectives.”
ShoreTel solutions can be utilized by hospitals, physician practices and extended care providers to improve mobility, collaboration and care coordination. Examples include:
- ShoreTel Mobility keeps dispersed hospital teams agile and connected to each other with easy to access and use mobility clients.
- ShoreTel Contact Center solutions assist in facilitating satisfaction surveys, automating outbound appointment reminder calls, and coordinating patient services more efficiently.
- ShoreTel IP Telephony systems enable easy management of voice communications in a single practice location or across multiple practice locations.
- ShoreTel Sky phone services enable physician groups and extended care providers to utilize communications in the same way they use electronic medical record systems – as a hosted solution.
- ShoreTel voice and web conferencing solutions support on-going staff training and meeting needs, with the ability to deliver training courses to multiple locations seamlessly and affordably.
- ShoreTel’s open architecture allows for the integration of extended applications to further increase efficiencies. Applications include outbound campaign interactive voice response (IVR), emergency notification, Web dialer and call recorder.
Doctors Hospital at Renaissance in the Rio Grande Valley in Texas has a large ShoreTel installation that has improved productivity, increased capacity and lowered costs. “With pressure to provide top-notch patient care while controlling costs, the hospital needed to boost the availability, mobility, and capabilities of its communications infrastructure,” said Robert Acosta, director of technology services and security at Doctors Hospital at Renaissance. “We needed a vendor who would do more than rip and replace our phones and who truly understood how critical the right voice over IP network is to the way we work.”
ShoreTel is also committed to ongoing involvement with the leading U.S. healthcare organizations, including American Medical Group Association, Medical Group Management Association, American Health Care Association, National Center for Assisted Living, and National Association of Home Care and Hospice.