PRESS RELEASE: Panasonic announced the new KX-NS700, a Compact Hybrid Communication platform offering the same advanced features as its predecessor, the KX-NS1000 IP Communications Server, but optimized for the growing SMB market. Its advanced features and simplified maintenance makes it an ideal communications solution for small to medium sized businesses offering the scalability to support up to 288 extensions with optional expansion units. Panasonic’s next-generation Compact Hybrid Communication Server supports legacy digital infrastructures and provides a seamless migration path for businesses transitioning to IP—providing a highly flexible and cost-effective solution capable of scaling to meet the changing needs of today’s increasingly mobile and evolving business environment.
“The KX-NS700 offers tremendous flexibility for our SMB customers, including the advanced Unified Communication features customers want, ability to combine legacy digital and IP trunks for a flexible and cost effective system, and the expandability to support additional features as a business grows,” said Gary Moeller, Product Manager, Panasonic System Communications Company of North America. “All of these capabilities make our new Smart Hybrid Communication server a great choice for a wide range of businesses.”
The KX-NS700 is the latest addition to Panasonic’s business telephone communications platform offering rich IP features such as high-definition voice quality and seamless integration with desktop applications such as Microsoft Outlook. Built-in call center applications include Queue Announcement, Live Status Monitor, Activity Report, Automatic Conversation Recording, and Network Attached Storage (NAS), enabling customers to benefit from lower overall communications costs and a high return on investment.
Key features include:
- One-numbered Extension: Up to two extensions can be assigned the same extension number allowing calls to an office extension to be received simultaneously on a mobile phone for enhanced mobility.
- Enhanced Voicemail: Expanded voicemail system is capable of recording up to 24 channels simultaneously and storing up to 400 hours of data, as well as notifying users of new voice messages via email.
- Call Center Solution: Advanced call routing function provides all center functions without requiring an additional CTI server, improving overall efficiency and customer service capabilities for businesses with limited resources.
- Auto Recording and Back-up: Voicemail system can be used to automatically record customer conversations and save recorded voice data to USB memory or an external server via the internet to improve the customer experience and provide insights into customer service problems and opportunities.
- Web-based Maintenance: Leveraging its built-in web server, functions such as PBX and voicemail are programmable from HQ or remote sites via a web based console. Users can also utilize the web based console to configure terminals.
Call grouping and call routing functions ensure calls are routed to individuals regardless of their location and because the KX-NS700 integrates smartphones and tablets with the business communications network, users are no longer required to have multiple contact numbers. The KX-NS700 also enables a unified communication environment inside and outside the office, allowing users to communicate with each other via voice/video calls, text, chat, and image sharing via its Communication Assistant (CA) and mobility application compatibility.
In addition, the KX-NS700 seamlessly integrates with Panasonic’s full line of digital, IP and SIP-based desktop phones as well as its business DECT handsets, allowing calls to desk extension phones to be transferred to wireless handsets, enabling increased mobility while keeping users connected with customers and other staff in hotels, medical offices, retail and other SMB environments.
“The new Panasonic hybrid communications solution has helped us be more efficient and allows us to quickly respond to incoming calls and requests from our clients,” said Jackie Vingelli, Office Administrator of Dye, Deitrich, Petruff & St. Paul law firm, and beta-tester of the new KX-NS700. “The products have been performing extremely well and the whole process has been a seamless experience.”
Panasonic also features its own One-Look Networking software that will connect the KX-NS1000 IP Communications Server with the Panasonic KX-NS700 hybrid platform. This allows the two systems to function as a single, fully transparent system with centralized administration and reporting.
Pricing and Availability
The KX-NS700 comes with a 2-year warranty and is available immediately through authorized resellers at an MSRP of $760. Feature activation keys are preinstalled and many come with a 60-day free trial. For more information on Panasonic’s full line of IP Business Communications products, please visit www.panasonic.com/bts.