PRESS RELEASE: NetSuite announced that Fat Face, a fast-growing lifestyle clothing and accessories retailer with 212 stores in the UK and Ireland, is leveraging NetSuite’s next-generation responsive web design ecommerce solution to deliver an effortless digital shopping experience optimised for multiple devices to its customers across all channels and geographies. NetSuite’s responsive platform allows Fat Face to provide its customers with a consistent and seamless online shopping experience, regardless of the device they’re using, and capitalise on the rapid growth in mobile and tablet commerce.
Through its responsive website, Fat Face benefited from a substantial increase in sales throughout the busy Christmas shopping period, achieving higher customer conversion rates and delivering a dramatically improved experience across all devices.
By using NetSuite’s responsive web platform to create a consistent online customer experience in the run-up to the retailer’s busiest shopping period—the five weeks from 1st December, 2014 through 3rd January, 2015, Fat Face was able to achieve:
- Ecommerce sales growth of 25 percent compared with the same period a year ago.
- A record week for ecommerce sales during this period, up 113 percent versus last year.
- Click-and-collect orders accounting for 42 percent of total orders, up 119 percent over 2013.
- A significant rise in the percentage of website visits originating from mobile devices, increasing from 55 percent in 2013 to 65 percent in 2014.
“We wanted a website that created a seamless experience of Fat Face for our customers regardless of channel, be it offline or online. With our customers increasingly using mobile to visit the Fat Face website, we had to respond to their needs by creating an online experience that was consistent regardless of the device they were using,” said Paul Wright, Fat Face’s Head of Ecommerce & Marketing. “The NetSuite platform provides the flexibility we need in a cloud solution that can scale with us as we continue to grow the business. This becomes particularly important as we are planning to expand into the US, and working with NetSuite to have a new website ready later this year.”
Fat Face recognised that in order to meet the demands of today’s consumers who expect a seamless online shopping experience across all channels, and maintain the superior customer experience the company had worked hard to cultivate, it needed a next-generation ecommerce site. In addition, with the mobile channel rapidly becoming the primary way consumers engage with a brand, websites that aren’t designed for mobile are at risk of losing potential sales.
Retailers like Fat Face, running their ecommerce system with NetSuite’s responsive web design capabilities enabled as a standard feature, are achieving the following benefits:
- Higher conversion, increased sales. Offering customers an improved online experience across all devices, increasing conversion rates and sales while increasing customer loyalty through more engaged customers.
- Increased agility, lower costs. Maintaining a single site versus a multitude of device specific-sites means retailers can minimise costs and increase agility and speed to market while also improving search engine optimisation (SEO).
- Wider audience, more customers. Retailers can maximise the reach and audience for their ecommerce websites by providing a seamless experience regardless of device.