PRESS RELEASE: Talkdesk announced that Shopify, a multichannel ecommerce platform designed for small and medium-sized businesses, has selected Talkdesk to power its real-time customer service operations. By working with Talkdesk, Shopify can more easily scale to support its more than 300,000 merchants in over 150 countries.
“We needed a partner that could help us scale our existing call center infrastructure while aligning with these core values,” said Chris Wilson, Director of Technical Support at Shopify. “Talkdesk offers everything you look for in an enterprise software vendor, but will help us to increase our focus on quality interactions with dozens of innovative call center features such as a Slack integration, queue to call back, live reporting, Intelligent Reconnect and many more.”
Shopify’s mission is to make commerce better for everyone, and today its platform helps small and medium sized merchants manage every aspect of their business. Providing a great customer experience has always been a priority for Shopify and to do that, the company built and operated its own call center solution for many years. However, to support its continued growth, the company realized it needed a more complete solution to handle customer service.
Today, Talkdesk provides Shopify with some of the most sophisticated call center features on the market including:
- Request a call: Allows merchants to request support from inside their app, bypassing the need for additional verification and eliminating wait time.
- Reduced wait times for customers: With the help of Talkdesk’s skills-based routing and interactive voice response (IVR) systems, callers are routed to the right agent the moment their calls connect.
- Option to request a call back: If a customer service representative is not immediately available to take the call, customers can request a call back as opposed to waiting on the phone. They will then receive a call from an agent based on their position in the call queue.
- One-click integrations: Deep integrations with both Zendesk and Salesforce ensure customer data is at the agent’s fingertips, allowing them to personalize every interaction.
- Reliable and secure platform: Allows every interaction with sensitive user information to be processed securely.