eGain, the leading provider of cloud-based customer engagement solutions announced its integration with Facebook Messenger.
The user population on leading messaging apps has already surpassed the userbase on social networks. Facebook Messenger alone boasts of 1.3 billion users. According to Forrester, Facebook and Facebook Messenger together represent 16% of the time consumers spend on apps. Moreover, 56% of consumers surveyed in a Nielsen study would rather message a business than call customer service, and 67% expect to message businesses even more over the next two years.
“Providing customer service where digital consumers ”live” is emerging as a business differentiator,” said Ashu Roy, eGain CEO. “This integration makes it easy to provide conversational service through Facebook Messenger, that is also powered by knowledge and unified with other touchpoints.”
- Initiate customer service conversations from the business’ Facebook page using Facebook Messenger
- Exchange rich content, including multiple document types and images
- Handle conversations, leveraging the powerful capabilities of eGain Advisor™ agent desktop that provides:
- Personalized, proactive customer engagement with award-winning digital engagement capabilities that is also unified with voice
- A Solve button for easy access to contextual knowledge and conversational guidance, powered by knowledge and AI reasoning