Pegasystems, the software company empowering digital transformation at the world’s leading enterprises announced it received the highest scores in three of the four analyzed use cases in Gartner’s 2018 Critical Capabilities for the CRM Customer Engagement Center (1) report.
Pega ranked highest in the global, business-to-business, and complex processes use case categories and placed third in the business-to-consumer use case.
Gartner evaluated 13 CRM vendors as part of the Critical Capabilities report — a companion report to the Gartner Magic Quadrant for the CRM Customer Engagement Center (2) report in which Pega was named a Leader for the ninth consecutive year. In the Critical Capabilities report, products were evaluated across the following capabilities: case management, knowledge management, integration, digital engagement, mobile app support, real-time guidance, predictive customer analytics, social media engagement management, automation of engagements, and workflow.
Anyone who’s driven a car, used a credit card, called customer service, opened a bank account, flown on a plane, submitted an insurance claim, or performed countless other everyday tasks has likely interacted with Pega. Its Global 3000 customers rely on Pega’s dynamic solutions and strategic applications to drive excellence in sales, marketing, customer service, and operations. Pega Infinity™, Pega’s digital transformation suite, enables businesses to improve customer engagement and operational efficiency with its unified end-to-end solution. With real-time omnichannel AI at its core, Pega anticipates issues and provides next-best-action guidance to enable consistently superior customer experiences on the front end. Meanwhile, digital process automation (DPA) drives business processes on the back end to ensure all work gets done effectively and efficiently.
This report is among recent analyst recognition of Pega’s customer engagement capabilities. Pega was named a Leader in the following recent reports: The Forrester New Wave™: Digital Decisioning Platforms, Q4 2018 (3), The Forrester Wave for Cloud-Based Dynamic Case Management (4), The Forrester Wave: Real-Time Interaction Management, Q2 2017 (5); and Ovum’s Customer Engagement Platform Decision Matrix report (6).
“No matter how flashy the interface or how cutting edge the features, if the customer experience doesn’t work seamlessly across all channels from end to end, it will not meet your customer’s expectations,” Kerim Akgonul, senior vice president, products, Pegasystems. “Pega offers a unified CRM software suite powered by a centralized AI ‘brain’ that optimizes all interactions across the entire customer journey – from sales, to marketing, to customer service. We believe this latest recognition from Gartner further reinforces Pega as a leader in supporting organizations on their continuous digital transformation journeys.”
- Gartner, Inc., “Critical Capabilities for the CRM Customer Engagement Center,” Nadine LeBlanc, Brian Manusama, November 7, 2018
- Gartner, Inc., “Magic Quadrant for the CRM Customer Engagement Center,” Michael Maoz, Brian Manusama, May 16, 2018, and before 2013, this report was titled “Magic Quadrant for CRM Customer Service Contact Centers”
- Forrester Research, “The Forrester New Wave™: Digital Decisioning Platforms, Q4 2018,” by John R. Rymer and Mike Gualtieri, with Christopher Mines, Sara Sjoblom, and Andrew Reese, October 18, 2018
- Forrester Research, “The Forrester Wave™: “Cloud-Based Dynamic Case Management, Q1 2018,” by Craig Le Clair, with Glenn O’Donnell, Robert Perdoni, and Diane Lynch, March 8, 2018
- Forrester Research, “The Forrester Wave™: Real-Time Interaction Management, Q2 2017,” Rusty Warner with Mary Pilecki and Clare Garberg, June 6, 2017
- Ovum, “Decision Matrix: Selecting a Customer Engagement Platform, 2018-19,” by Jeremy Cox and Mila D’Antonio
Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in its research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings or other designation. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.