Semafone®, the leading provider of data security and multi-channel compliance solutions for call and contact centres introduced Rainier® – a new, turnkey, fully managed hybrid cloud solution for secure omnichannel payments. Rainier is a plug-and-play hardware appliance that is supplied, fully installed and managed by Semafone.
Rainier enables organizations of all sizes to quickly and easily become compliant with the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) in any environment where payments are accepted.
Any organization that accepts payments, regardless of the industry they operate in, must comply with PCI DSS standards. However, doing so can be complex, and many organizations may not have the time, staff or resources to dedicate to the effort properly. Adopting a cloud-based payment solution can help reduce costs and ease integration efforts, but many organizations prefer to keep their telephony systems on-premises to maintain voice quality and control while speaking with customers via the phone.
“Organizations of all sizes struggle with the cost and complexity of meeting and maintaining PCI DSS compliance in the cloud and on-premises,” said Gary E. Barnett, CEO, Semafone. “Rainier solves this challenge by enabling organizations to quickly make their hybrid environments PCI DSS compliant overnight, using a managed appliance that communicates with the Semafone Cloud. With Rainier, sensitive payment data is fully protected, while at the same time, organizations can significantly reduce their operating costs.”
The Rainier hybrid cloud solution sits on the network edge in front of an organization’s session border controller (SBC). This keeps the business’ SBC and contact centre out of scope for PCI DSS compliance and fundamentally changes how customers access Semafone’s Cardprotect Voice+ service – the company’s patented, award-winning telephone payments solution.
As a pre-configured, managed appliance, Rainier enables a fast path to a hybrid cloud deployment while allowing businesses to maintain on-premises telephony and infrastructure, ensuring no degradation of voice media. Rainier is scalable, flexible and highly available, with an on-premises software deployment option that integrates seamlessly with an organization’s existing telephony environment and payment service provider (PSP) for minimal disruption to the business. As a scalable solution, it is easy to increase Rainier’s capacity by adding further appliances as a company grows.
Rainier provides the following key features and benefits to organizations:
- A fully supported, out-of-the-box and scalable hardware appliance that takes an organization’s SBC and contact centre out-of-scope for PCI DSS compliance
- A reduction in the number of sessions needed on the organization’s SBC, compared to an on-premises deployment
- Faster deployment of Semafone Cardprotect Voice+
- Facilitates hybrid cloud topology so that telephony can remain on-premises at the customer site, ensuring no degradation of voice quality
- Fully PCI DSS compliant with fast and cost-effective deployment
- Increased security and alignment of systems architecture
- Allows smaller contact centres to become PCI DSS compliant quickly, without a significant capital investment
To learn more about Rainier and all of Semafone’s secure payment solutions, visit: www.semafone.com