Panasonic launched its first fully integrated cloud communication platform, called UC-Line, to offer businesses across Europe a Unified Communications (UC) solution fit for the future. UC-Line combines Panasonic’s leading range of SIP phone units with voice over IP, video conferencing and a powerful suite of unified communications tools.
The service is available today in France and Spain, through Panasonic’s extensive channel partner network, with other European markets rolling out in early 2020.
For Enterprise and SME customers, UC-Line delivers better business communications using the latest cloud technology. Businesses can connect multiple office locations and remote workers effortlessly; customise numbers, users, permissions and devices to match their needs and receive free upgrades and maintenance automatically pushed through the cloud platform – eliminating the need for on-site servers and expensive call outs.
For maximum convenience and ease of implementation, all UC-Line services, such as SIP trunk or future-ready UC hosted PBX, are available and compatible with Panasonic’s existing PBX systems and SIP phone line-up.
Panasonic and Blueface
Panasonic has developed UC-Line in close partnership with Blueface, the global cloud-based UCaaS and collaboration technology provider, following a technology partnership agreement between the two companies in 2018. The working relationship has already delivered similar successful Panasonic services in North America.
Carlos Osuna, Head of Business Unit at Panasonic Communications Solutions, said: “Panasonic has built its legacy on innovation and UC-Line is a truly world class, integrated cloud UC offering for our European partners and customers. The strategic technology partnership with Blueface delivers a best-in-class unified communications solution seamlessly integrated to our SIP device and PBX product portfolio.”
Alan Foy, Group CEO, Blueface, added: “Panasonic and Blueface have joined forces to develop a differentiated, robust and scalable Cloud UC offering in UC-Line. We’re excited to work together on addressing the next wave of cloud communication evolution in Europe.”
Accessible, scalable communications
With UC-Line’s fully hosted solution, businesses benefit from a future-proof, remotely managed communications infrastructure without costly, up-front investment. They also gain access to the powerful features of the Unified Communications-as-a-service platform that deliver unprecedented control over communications.
UC-Line offers businesses smart communications management from an online portal, including real-time call reporting, recording and call conferencing. Phone systems can be easily configured with drag-and-drop options and administrative capabilities include adding, removing and editing users, their numbers and their devices in real time.
A UC-Line softphone app, available on Android and iOS, seamlessly pairs with the platform and allows users to make and receive landline calls from mobile devices. It also offers free call conferencing with international dial-in numbers via landlines and the app; one-extension dialling from any device to reach colleagues; and follow me functionality.
Blueface, a StarBlue company, is a global cloud-based UCaaS and collaboration technology provider that enables frictionless UCaaS market-entry for Carriers, ISPs, MNOs and telecoms wholesalers.
Founded in Dublin in 2004, Blueface now has localised operations across North America, Europe and Asia with a global data centre backbone. As an early adopter of VoIP technology, Blueface has spent 300,000+ collective hours on research and development to build on their core IP voice foundations. This commitment to innovation has resulted in an all-in-one communications platform that features an array of collaboration tools such as contact centre, video conferencing and virtual console.
About Panasonic System Communications Company Europe (PSCEU)
Our quest is to make technology work invisibly together and free businesses to succeed. We believe technology should just work. That businesses will succeed if they can simply focus on their customers, in the knowledge that all the technologies delivering their capabilities work together. That is why we are dedicated to developing products and solutions that are so integrated with our customer’s way of working, that they are almost invisible – the workhorse in the background that powers business success.
PSCEU is made up of six product categories:
• Broadcast & ProAV gives you the freedom to tell the story with its high quality products and solutions, which ensure smooth operation and excellent cost-performance across a range of remote cameras, switchers, studio cameras and ENG P2HD. The cinema camera range of VariCam models and the EVA1 are capable of true 4K and High Dynamic Range (HDR) making them the ideal solution for cinema, television, documentary and live event production.
• Communication Solutions offers world leading telephony systems, SIP terminal devices and professional ‘network’ scanners giving you the freedom to focus on the communication and not the connection.
• Mobile Solutions Business Division helps mobile workers improve productivity with its range of Toughbook rugged notebooks, business tablets, handhelds and electronic point of sales (EPOS) systems. As European market leaders, Panasonic had a 48% revenue share of sales of rugged and durable notebooks and tablets in 2018 (VDC Research, March 2019).
• Industrial Medical Vision manufactures applications for various segments such as medical, life science, ProAV or industrial. The product portfolio includes complete and OEM camera systems, providing the freedom to see what can’t be seen.
• Security Solutions built on a heritage of providing evidential quality CCTV footage. Delivering the highest image quality in all environmental conditions using our highly reliable, advanced technology cameras and image recording systems, giving you the freedom to feel secure.
• Visual System Solutions offers the widest range of professional displays and projectors and allows Audio Visual professionals the freedom to create. It leads the European high brightness projector market with a 39% market revenue share (Futuresource >5klm FY17 Q3, excl. 4K & digital cinema).
Panasonic Corporation is a worldwide leader in the development of diverse electronics technologies and solutions for customers in the consumer electronics, housing, automotive, and B2B businesses. The company, which celebrated its 100th anniversary in 2018, has expanded globally and now operates 582 subsidiaries and 87 associated companies worldwide, recording consolidated net sales of Euro 62.5 billion for the year ended March 31, 2019. Committed to pursuing new value through innovation across divisional lines, the company uses its technologies to create a better life and a better world for its customers. To learn more about Panasonic: https://www.panasonic.com/global.